The details that attracted my attention were that according to this horoscope Randy is "Yin Water" and thus is an authority to Gale (Yan Fire) and that Gale is an extremely creative person. Gale's creativity (earth 4) overpowers his personality (fire 1 or 2) and everything else. Thus art always comes first for Gale. This means that for such person life policy is not about "be true to yourself" but closer to "be true to your art". Gale's creativity (earth) is authority for Randy's personality (water).
( Basic numbers )
This feature is common in Brian and Gale and (imho) Gale would have been as brilliant as he was playing Brian's role in any other role where this successfully personal free character present.
It's a pity there are few such well known examples both in real life and in fiction. Probably there are many that exist, but not well known (at least for me).
Then again, maybe I just see what I want to see here.
And made this (not mine) B/J fan video clip simply irresistible.
(In fact that was just my imagination, but never the less...)
(The actual lyrics begin like this:
Time is gonna take my mind
and carry it far away where I can fly
The depth of life will dim my temptation to live for you
If I were to be alone silence would rock my tears
'cause it's all about love and I know better
How life is a waving feather
So I put my arms around you around you
And I know that I'll be leaving soon
My eyes are on you they're on you
And you see that I can't stop shaking
There are lots of videos that are great and I like (even loved) them.
But this one just shook me deep to the grounds of my very being.
And there's nothing special about it except that.
So I just have to bring it into my LJ "house".
( The rest qaf fanvids of the same author are also brilliant )
It took a lot of more work to make it as satisfiable as my first one.
But with a little bit of thoughts and tips input from my LJ friends (rznbloodrose and xdunyax)
I'm finally proud to present my work.
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.
Because of the song "Stay" by Hurts that I used in my clip, youtube doesn't allow to embed my fanvid.
ETA. This MF youtube blocked this vid (copyrights problem)
So, here's a link to it on youtube.
This vid on megavideo: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XH7A6PZ7
and on megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKDSAP1O
I also put my vid on rutube.
But I didn't have any video editor at that time.
And I added to the song some audio lines from QAF thinking that I'd get back to it with a video clip.
But now, it seems that other songs took over in my video making and I doubt that I'll ever go back to "World In Brian's Eyes" idea.
The song with qaf voices is very hot though.
It kept me going at work when I was drained.
I just wanted to share with anyone interested.
If you wait a bit it can be listened just right from the 4shared site without downloading the file.
That didn't work for me well, though, because of the pauses to download the rest of the song.
I hope you'll like my first real fan video clip.
The same song used "I Know" by Placebo. But this time it's the whole song.
The video comes from QAF pilot and 120 episodes.
I nicknamed this video a "Baby Lon King" story while I was in process of creating it.
( No limits to the perfection syndrome )
Today I was fooling around with newly installed simple video editor AVS.
The result is ok for the first time clip making. I hope things will get better with time.
This time I was just trying out cutting and transitions.
Next time I'll try to synchronize music rhythm with the video changes.
These are pieces of the last scene in 102, with the "I Know" Placebo music.
|Итак, в сериале “Queer as Folk” вы… Бэн|
|Человек, который спас Майкла от одиночества. Сильная, мужественная, волевая личность, не теряющая оптимизма в борьбе с такой страшной болезнью как СПИД. Следит за своим организмом, старается всегда быть в форме, искренне любит Майкла.|
(For those who never read about Don Juan and his benefactor Nagual Julian in Carlos Castaneda’s books, I say that there’s no gay theme there. And in Castaneda’s book stalkers are called so, not because they are after someone stalking that someone, but because they are constantly stalking after what is going on around them in a highly alert state of awareness. And warrior is someone who has mastered the discipline of selfcontrol among other things). Those are not the common features of Brian Kinney and nagual Julian exactly, but those are things about Julian, that made me think of Brian when I read it just now. Julian used to be an actor before he got into nagual thing and he had seduced a lot of women.
1) The nagual Julian didn't care about anyone. That's why he could help people. And he did; he gave them the shirt off his back, because he didn't give a fig about them.
2) The nagual Julian, for instance, was a fabulous curer. He helped thousands and thousands of people, but he never took credit for it. He let people believe that a woman seer of his party was the curer.
3) If he had been a man who cared for his fellow men, he would've demanded acknowledgment. Those who care for others care for themselves and demand recognition where recognition is due
4) Stalkers like the nagual Julian are natural leaders of people. They can help people do anything. These warriors can help people to get cured, or they can help them to get ill. They can help them to find happiness or they can help them to find sorrow. I (Castaneda) suggested that instead of saying that these warriors help people, we should say that they affect people. He (don Juan) said that they don't just affect people, but that they actively herd them around.
5) This one reminds me of Brian/Justin first encounter. “Then don Juan started his story about the nagual Julian. He said that the nagual Julian spent many, many years waiting for an apprentice nagual. He stumbled on don Juan one day while returning home after a short visit with acquaintances in a nearby village. He was, in fact, thinking about an apprentice nagual as he walked on the road when he heard a loud gunshot and saw people scrambling in every direction…” Of course there was no conscious thought about meeting an apprentice in Brian’s mind (but yet Justin became in many ways Brian’s apprentice)
6) Every one of the nagual Julian's words and actions was deliberately selected to cause a particular effect. His art was to provide his words and actions with the most suitable context, so that they would have the necessary impact.
7) I (don Juan) had discovered that the only way to deal with peerless warriors like nagual Julian is not to have self-importance, so that one can celebrate them unbiasedly.
8) The nagual Julian used to say that to have sex is a matter of energy, he never had any problems having sex, because he had bushels of energy. But he took one look at me (Genaro) and prescribed right away that my peter was just for peeing. He told me that I didn't have enough energy to have sex. He said that my parents were too bored and too tired when they made me; he said that I was the result of very boring sex, cojida aburrida. I was born like that, bored and tired. The nagual Julian recommended that people like me should never have sex; this way we can store the little energy we have. (You have to have energy to sustain the pressure. So it’s a matter of energy again)
9) The nagual Julian, could not have cared less about explanations (He was a man of action, not words) The nagual Julian was really an unforgettable man. He had a great touch with people. He would do the worst things in the world, but done by him they were great. Done by anyone else, they would have been crude and callous…, the nagual Julian was extraordinarily eccentric in his behavior
In fact, I think I like it so much because to me it sounds like Brian Kinney. Matthew's voice has the same drive and tender vulnerability as this character (not Brian's voice).
And the track that is used in QAF Episode 309 is Weapon.